Herricks Special Education Parent Teacher Association (SEPTA) recently hosted the 2023 Student Peer Awards. Students, family members and staff were invited to the ceremony that was held in the Herricks Middle School cafeteria. Herricks Superintendent Tony Sinanis opened the event that celebrated 12 Herricks students for their kindness and compassion to their peers with different learning abilities.
Awards were presented to the following students representing each of the district’s schools:
* Millie Adhvaryu-Valente from Denton Avenue Elementary
* James Haddock from Herricks Middle School
* Panagiotis “Peter” Katehis from Herricks High School
* Camryn LaRock from Herricks High School
* Abby Mannino from Searingtown Elementary
* Harshee Patel from Denton Avenue Elementary
* Eduardo Santana from Herricks High School
* Zohra Sohail from Herricks High School
* Willow Umlauf from Center Street Elementary
* Daisy Van Groningen from Herricks Middle School
* Cocona Wang from Searingtown Elementary
* Allen Xiang from Center Street Elementary
The district wishes to congratulate all the Student Peer Award recipients and extend special thanks to the SEPTA for hosting the event.