Table talk is back....in digital form, brought to you by the Searingtown Site Based Committee. Each month you will receive a link to a digital newsletter with a monthly topic. You will find information about the topic, video links, conversation starters, research articles and more.
The topics were selected from the new New York State Mental Health Curriculum that was released this July. As part of overall health and wellness, mental health includes:
- A sense of self-esteem and self-confidence;
- The ability to identify, express and regulate emotions;
- The ability to set and achieve goals;
- Recognition of one’s creatives skills;
- The ability to expand knowledge and skills;
- The ability to feel and show empathy for others; and
- The ability to create and maintain satisfying relationships.
The first topic we've extracted from the NYS Mental Health Curriculum is gratitude.
To read all of the recent TABLE TALK 2.0 newsletters, click on the links to the left.