WHAT IS SEPTA?
Herricks SEPTA (Special Education Parent Teacher Association) is
a local chapter of the National PTA and is a district-wide
organization open to everyone in the community. We focus on
supporting the academic and social development of our children.
Our programming benefits children with special needs, as well as
children in general education settings.
WHO IS SEPTA?
SEPTA is a community composed of parents, teachers,
administrators, family, and friends. ALL are welcome!
WHAT DOES SEPTA DO?
We educate, advocate, network, and support!
• We provide opportunities to network with other families who have
children with similar needs.
• We present a series of speakers throughout the year.
• We provide support for families who are navigating the special
education system for the first time.
• We strive to educate the community about the unique learning
styles of our children with special education needs.
• We disseminate information, foster discussion about relevant
topics, and encourage you to share your ideas and experiences
so we can learn from each other.
• Look for news about our special event for kids in January!
We encourage everyone to become a member
and join our team to learn from each other and support our children!
TO LEARN MORE:
Come to our meetings (check Herricks School Calendar for meeting dates and locations) or
contact us at Tammy Smiley (email@example.com and Judy Olson
or visit Herricks SEPTA web page at: /webpages/septa