To our Searingtown Families,
It’s SUMMER TIME! First, I’d like to congratulate all of our scotties on completing the school year. You worked hard throughout the school year and I am proud of each and every one of you!
While you and the family are enjoying the much needed quality time, mornings with no alarm clocks, and maybe even some nights with no set bedtime, I want to encourage you to keep some semblance of academics alive in the fun.
- Please continue to encourage your child/children to read at least 20 minutes a day.
- On your stay-cations and/or vacations, make time to read about the history of the places you are visiting. Try comparing and contrasting the history to that of the community in which you live.
- Talk about the engineering and innovative thinking required to create the many things you get to explore at your summer destinations (amusement parks, swimming pools, airports, train stations, etc.)
- Involve your children in planning and reflection.
- Practice keyboarding skills on a keyboard.
- Take photos or videos that capture the uniqueness of the summer vacation and write a summary to go along with it.
- Have your children keep a journal to memorialize their summer and prepare them for the infamous back-to-school writing prompt ‘What did you do this summer?’
I wish you safe travels and an abundance of joy, laughter, and love this summer with your family. Keep reading!!! I look forward to hearing all about your wonderful summer memories.
Mrs. Diana DeGiorgio