Jim Petricca - Director of Athletics, Physical Education, Health Education
Maria Breitenstein - Athletics Secretary
Athletics are an integral part of the Herricks educational program. Teamwork, discipline, effort, fitness, fun and sportsmanship are only a few of the experiences provided within organized athletics. Participation in athletics also promotes a healthy lifestyle and life-long fitness as well as school spirit and school pride. Herricks is committed to providing a diversity of athletic offerings. We thank you for your interest in Herricks athletics and welcome your enthusiasm.
***Important Spectator Protocols Below***
HIGH SCHOOL FALL SPORTS-2021
ALL STUDENTS WHO ARE TRYING OUT FOR A SPORTS TEAM MUST HAVE A COMPLETED "A" & "B" FORM PRIOR TO THE START OF TRY-OUTS
• All student-athletes must have a completed sports physical ("A" form) dated on or after August 1, 2020 and a completed "B" form to try out for a fall sport
• "A" & "B" forms can be dropped off in the high school main office Monday through Friday - 8:00AM - 2:00PM
Football Start Date - Monday, August 23, 2021
• Final collection of "A:" & "B" forms for football will be accepted on Monday, August 23rd at 8:00AM in the high school health office.
• The school doctor will be in the high school health office on Monday, August 23rd from 8:00AM-10:00AM conducting physicals.
Boys Badminton, Cheerleading, Boys & Girls Cross Country,
Boys Golf, Boys & Girls Soccer, Girls Swimming, Girls Tennis,
Boys & Girls Volleyball
Start Date - Monday, August 30th
• Final collection of "A:" & "B" forms for the above mentioned sports will be accepted on Monday, August 30th at 8:00AM in the high school health office.
• The school doctor will be in the high school Health Office on Monday, August 23rd and Thursday, August 26th from 8:00AM-10:00AM conducting physicals.
If you do not have a completed sports physical, please come to the health office (no appointment needed) on one of the two dates.
To download a copy of the “A” and/or “B” form, visit the district web-site
Click on FORMS/PUBLICATIONS