Ms. Banke’s 7th Grade Social Studies
Welcome to seventh grade Social Studies! As your teacher, I am looking forward to an exciting and challenging year with all of you. To ensure that each student achieves his or her potential, I believe that cooperation and teamwork between the teacher, student, and parent/caregiver is essential.
Topics we will cover this year
Unit 1: Native Americans
Unit 2: Age of Exploration
Unit 3: 13 Original Colonies
Unit 4: The American Revolution
Unit 5: American constitution
Unit 6: Westward Expansion
Unit 7: The Civil War
- When you enter the classroom immediately take your seat and complete the Do Now. This is will be projected on the Smartboard and will have a question to answer or a task to complete.
- Copy down your homework into your planner.
- Wait for instructions for the lesson to begin.
In order for us to have a productive learning environment, where we can use different learning methods, the classroom community must be established.
- Be respectful of the teacher and your classmates.
- Be prepared- bring all materials and homework to class and be ready to participate and learn.
- Be on time.
- Be honest.
- Verbal warning
- Teacher- student conference
- Seat change
- After school detention and phone call home
- Parent conference
- 1 folder
- Pencils & pencil sharpener
- One Dry Erase marker ( any color)
- Colored pencils or markers
(These supplies must be brought to Social Studies class EVERY DAY!)