U.S. History - Ms. Wolf
WELCOME TO US HISTORY 11
In this course we will study the structure and function of the U.S. government, the Constitution as well as the development of the United States into an industrial nation and world power. A Regents exam will be given at the end of the year. The following are some guidelines that will ensure that everyone succeeds to the best of her or his ability in this class.
REQUIRED MATERIALS: Please come to class everyday with the following:
- Loose leaf binder AND paper
- Pocket folder for handouts
- A pen and pencil
- Please tell me in advance if you know you will miss class because of a field trip or other approved activity
- You can also contact me at email@example.com if you know you will be absent for an extended period of time
- Be on time…remember 3 lates equals a cut
- Please make sure that your cell phone is turned OFF before you enter the classroom
- Each week you will receive a homework schedule that will include all assignments for that week
- It will also be available on my class website
TESTS AND QUIZZES:
- Test day for the Social Studies department is Tuesday
- Please see me if you are absent and need to make up a test/quiz
- Your quarter grade is based on the number of points you earn throughout the quarter on tests, quizzes, writing assignments, class work, homework and class participation divided by the number of total possible points
The students in the class and I agreed to the following expectations on the first day of school:
- Respect the ideas of everyone. You can disagree, but you must do so in polite and thoughtful way.
- Achievement is valued. If you need help, you are expected to ask for it.
- Full participation is expected. Everyone should come to class prepared to participate in all classroom activities.
- Create a safe and welcoming classroom atmosphere where students feel relaxed.
- Maintain an environment helpful to learning where students speak one at a time and are respectful to each other during group discussions.
- Ensure that everyone feels confident about the material by helping students review for tests and allowing students to rewrite some assignments.
- Work toward making learning interesting to the students in the classroom.
- Help students to understand the importance of what they are learning beyond the classroom.
I have read the course expectations and syllabus.
Student signature: _______________________________________________
Teacher signature: _______________________________________________