Advanced Photography Course
Students should have a very good understanding of photography and the Elements & Principles of Design. By the end of the course you will leave with a well-rounded professional portfolio.
Tr-X 400 Film (Black & White Developing Film)
- Kodak Polymax II RC 8x10 Paper (Satin or Glossy)
- BH Photo.com
- Neptune Photo (Garden City)
Use your Student ID to receive a discount
* Notebook with a pocket to hold test-strips/assignments, etc.
* Folder or ring binder to store negatives
* Presentation book for portfolio
Requirements of Course:
Carefully completed projects
Reflective writing piece about work
Participation in all classroom critiques
Participation in Herricks Art Show
Parent signed camera release form in order to check out a camera
Free Choice Series
District Art Show Prints
Solarization, Vignetting, Toning Prints, Scratch Negatives, Adobe Photoshop
Attendance & Punctuality:
Since all work needs to be done in class, attendance & punctuality is crucial in understanding the lessons & also in meeting the deadline of the project.
Students’ work is assessed by a rubric.
The following will be taken in consideration when each project is graded:
- Meeting the deadline for project
- Understanding & Application of photographic techniques through quality of print, presentation, and writing assessment
- Level of creativity applied to each project
- Class participation during the project and class critique
**extra help available on wednesdays after school**