7th & 8th Grade Art
Students will explore and create art using the Elements of Design and the Principles of Design while using various mediums
The theme of this course is simple….TO TRY!
Everyone is an artist. Everyone can learn to draw and this course will take you through all of the skills and techniques you need to succeed.
Contour Line Drawings
Emotions & Moods Painting
Computer Graphics and Adobe Photoshop
Collage and Mixed Media
Art Room Rules:
- Come to class on time
- Respect your teacher, classmates and yourself
- Positive class participation and contribution
- Listen carefully to all instructions
- No headphones
- NO CELL PHONES ARE TO BE USED IN CLASS
- Use art supplies with care
- Clean up after yourself
- TO HAVE FUN!!
Attendance & Punctuality:
Since all work needs to be done in class, attendance & punctuality is crucial in understanding the lessons & also in meeting the deadline of the project.
Students’ work is assessed by a rubric.
The following will be taken in consideration when each project is graded:
- Meeting the deadline for project
- Understanding & Applying information learned in class
- Level of creativity applied to each project
- Class participation during the project and class critique
***I LOOK FORWARD TO A GREAT YEAR***