Health and Physical Education
"You see things and you say, Why? But I dream things that never were; and I
say, Why Not?"
~George Bernard Shaw
HELLO HERRICKS... and welcome to my website.
On this website you will be able to access information from our class discussions, find resources to assist you with your projects and homeworks, as well as links and fun facts to help improve the quality of your life. IF you are on one of my sports teams.. you will find important information and helpful links.
Explore and enjoy
Yours in Health,
So you think health is not important?? Then answer the following questions...bet you'll be surprised!!!
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world
2. Name the last five heisman trophy winners
3. Name the last five Miss America winners
4. Name ten people who have won either the pulitzer or Nobel prize
5. Name the last ten academy award winners for best actor and actress
6. Name the last ten years of world series winners
Did you do well? The entire point here is that no one ever really remembers
the headliners of years past. These aren't second tier award winners.
They are the best in their fields, but when the applause dies down and they are no longer in the limelight, their awards tarnish, and their achievements are forgotten...
Now try this quick quiz,
1. List some teachers who have helped your
journey through your school years
2. Name three friends who helped you through difficult times
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile
4. Think about a few people who made or make you feel appreciated or special
5. Think of five people who you enjoy spending time with....
Did you find this easier???
The lesson? The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones who hold the most credentials,the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones who care about YOU!
" When there is a hill to climb, don't think that waiting will make it smaller.
Motivation is what gets you started,
Dedication is what makes you decide, Determination is what gets you going."