Researching your Committee
Now that your know the name of your committee, you need to answer a couple of questions about it:
- Which organ is it part of? (most committees will be part of the General Assembly but not always. You may be on the Security Council.)
- When was it founded? And why?
- Has it passed any important resolutions?
- Who is represented on your committee? (and how are they chosen?)
o Do you have any natural allies on your committee?
o Are there any important NGOs on your committee?
- What are the powers of your committee? And what are its limits?