Foods & Fitness
Welcome to Foods class!
Foods & Fitness
Teacher Responsibilities: It is my job to provide you with a safe environment, and the opportunities and tools to explore and acquire an in-depth understanding of:
- Healthy Foods
- Alternative diets and foods
- Food safety & sanitation
- Food preparation
Student Responsibilities: It is your job to make the most of the opportunities & tools provided for you to explore & acquire an in-depth understanding of the above topics. In order to achieve this goal:
- Attend class regularly and arrive on-time.
- Maintain a folder in class with notes, handouts, and worksheets.
- Bring something to write with.
- Complete all work on or before due date.
- Be respectful and tolerant of others’ comments, opinions, and questions.
- Participate in class discussions- VERY IMPORTANT!
- Work cooperatively when in groups- pull your weight and the whole group benefits.
- If you are late or miss a class, it is your responsibility to obtain any missed work.
- If you are absent, assigned work is due the day you return.
- Use discretion and appropriate behavior regarding cell phones and personal conversations.
- Always put forth your very best effort in whatever you are doing.
- Have fun! This class should be informative, useful and enjoyable!
Food lab requirements:
- Long hair MUST be tied up. No exceptions.
- Cell phone use is not allowed in the kitchens.
- All students must remain in their assigned kitchen for class duration. No one may leave until the kitchen has been checked out.
Foods Lab/Projects: 25%
Final Project: 35%
Find pictures from our classes on Instagram @herricks_foods
Students! Make sure to hashtag your food photographs #herricks_foods