The course includes an in-depth analysis of plane, solid, and coordinate geometry as they relate to both abstract mathematical concepts as well as real-world situations. Topics include logic and proof, parallel lines and polygons, perimeter and area analysis, volume and surface area analysis, similarity and congruence, trigonometry, and analytic geometry. Emphasis will be placed on developing critical thinking skills as they relate to logical reasoning and argument.
Students will take the CC Geometry Regents June 24, 2020.
You must be prepared for class. You need the following materials everyday:
- Binder filled with loose-leaf and graph paper
- Pencils, pens, erasers, highlighter and a ruler
- Two sheet protectors
- Index cards
- Graphing Calculator, TI-83 Plus or TI-84 Plus (school supplied)
- Big Ideas Math Geometry Textbook
- Compass (look for a durable and accurate one - keep it in your pencil case)