HW due next Monday: You will need to visit two links by next Monday. The information below is also on the Hate Crimes page of the class website.
The first link: https://www.adl.org/adl-hate-crime-map
- Scroll to the bottom and click your case study case and offense. How common were attacks of this type in your state?
The second link: https://www.adl.org/50statesagainsthate
- Scroll to watch the video. What is the #50States of Hate Movement? Should we join?
- Look at the map. What is the status of hate crime law in the states in which your case studies occurred?
Visit the link below
-The following tabs are displayed across the top:
Click on two different tabs. For each, be prepared to discuss the following
1) What information did you find the most surprising?
2) How does the information presented challenge and/or support what you know thus far about hate crimes?
3) How does the information help deepen your understanding of hate crimes?
4) How can this information be useful in attempting to address the causes of hate crimes and help stop them?
5) Pretend the FBI has released its statistics for 2017. Do you anticipate or foresee any major changes ? Be prepared to discuss.