5th Grade Science Overview
Questions Fifth Grade students will be asked to formulate answers:
Please see the "Science Resources" page for Discovery Streaming access and a world of digital information is at your fingertips!The fifth grade students are expected to use models, planning and carrying out investigations, analyzing and interpreting data, using mathematics and computational thinking, engaging in argument from evidence, and obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information.
- “When matter changes, does its weight change?
- How much water can be found in different places on Earth?
- Can new substances be created by combining other substances?
- How does matter cycle through ecosystems?
- Where does the energy in food come from and what is it used for?
- How do lengths and directions of shadows or relative lengths of day and night change from day to day, and how does the appearance of some stars change in different seasons?”