2023-2024 Budget Information
Welcome to the Herricks Public Schools 2023-2024 budget information webpage. This page is designed to provide Herricks Public Schools District residents with budget information in a transparent manner. The budget that is presented initially is one that is prepared by district administrators with direction from the Board of Education. However, with Board and community input, the budget that is adopted in the Spring is ultimately that of the Board of Education.
Please check back often as the information contained on this webpage will change as the budget development process continues.
Questions about the budget may be addressed to either:
Dr. Tony Sinanis, Superintendent of Schools at 516-305-8901 or Email: Dr Sinanis
Lisa Rutkoske, Asst. Supt. for Business at 516-305-8903 or Email: Ms. Rutkoske
Or any member of the Board of Education
- 2023-2024 ELECTION OF TRUSTEES & BUDGET VOTE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 2023-2024 ELECCIÓN DE FIDEICOMISARIOS & VOTO DE PRESUPUESTO HORARIO DE EVENTOS
Budget Publications & Documents
- 2023-2024 Budget Newsletter
- 2023-2024 Adopted Budget Presentation (For Staff & Community Members)
- 2023-2024 Approved Budget (May 16, 2023)
- 2023-2024 Budget in Three-Part Format
- 2023-2024 Administrative Compensation Information
- Exemption Impact Report Fiscal Year Beginning 2023
- 2023-2024 Property Tax Report Card
- Herricks UFSD School Report Card 2021-22
- Center Street School Report Card 2021-22
- Denton Avenue School Report Card 2021-22
- Searingtown School Report Card 2021-22
- Herricks Middle School Report Card 2021-22
- Herricks High School Report Card 2021-22
- Financial Transparency Report (most recent as of 4/26/2023)
Tax Levy Limit Information
The property tax levy cap legislation became effective beginning with the 2012-13 school year and continues to impact school district budgets, including the proposed budget for the 2022-23 school year.
This legislation seeks to establish a threshold that determines the number of votes required for a budget to pass taking into account a variety of factors, one being the growth factor. The tax levy cap does not limit the increase in the tax levy at 2%. Only in very rare cases will a district's tax levy limit actually calculate out to 2%.
The links to the references below are designed to provide the residents of Herricks community with the components of the tax cap calculation, the 2023-24 tax levy limit calculation for the district required to be submitted to the Office of the State Comptroller, and other explanatory guidance. This information may change as additional guidance is provided by New York State.
- NYS Office of State Comptroller - Real Property Tax Cap - School Districts
- Herricks' Property Tax Cap Form - Tax Levy Limit Submitted to Office of State Comptroller
You are entitled to vote if you are:
- a citizen of the United States
- eighteen years of age or older
- a resident of the school district for a period of thirty (30) days next preceding the vote he or she offers to vote at
- registered to vote either with the school district or with the Nassau County Board of Elections
Only persons, who are so registered, may vote.
If you have not voted in a district or general election in the last four years, or are a new resident and have not registered to vote either with the school district or the Board of Elections, then you need to register in advance to be able to vote in a school vote. Please complete a Voter Registration form. This form entitles you to vote in school district elections only. It must be returned in person to the District Clerk at least five days prior to the vote. Registration with the school district can be accomplished on any school day from 8:00 o’clock A.M. and 3:00 o’clock P.M. when school is in session at the Office of the District Clerk, Herricks Union Free School District, Herricks Community Center, New Hyde Park, New York. The last day for voter registration is Thursday, May 11, 2023.
The Annual Budget Vote will be on Tuesday, May 16, 2023.
Absentee Ballot Application
Applications for absentee ballots for voting may be applied for at the Office of the District Clerk, Herricks Union Free School District, Herricks Community Center, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, at least seven (7) days prior to the day of the vote if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day prior to the day of the vote if the ballot is to be delivered personally to the voter.
Pursuant to school election law, applications for absentee ballots cannot be submitted to the District Clerk before April 17, 2023.
No absentee voter ballot shall be canvassed, unless it shall have been received in the Office of the District Clerk no later than 5:00 o’clock P.M. on the date of the vote.
Please read the following instructions carefully before downloading and filling out the absentee ballot application.
1. Complete the Application for Absentee Ballot, which you can download from the link below.
2. Date and SIGN the application form and return it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE by mail or in person to:
Herricks Union Free School District
999B Herricks Road
New Hyde Park, NY 11040
Applications for the Annual Budget Vote to be held on May 16, 2023 must be received by Tuesday, May 9, 2023 if by mail and by Monday, May 15, 2023 if in person.
Applications may not be transmitted electronically because an original signature is required. Upon receipt, your application will be reviewed, pursuant to the provisions of the Education Law, to establish your entitlement to vote by Absentee Ballot. A ballot will then be issued to you. Please note that you will NOT be eligible to vote by Absentee Ballot if:
o Your application is incomplete, unsigned or undated,
o You are not a qualified voter of the Herricks School District, or
o You will be unable to vote in person on the respective vote date for a reason other than those provided for on the application form.
The application is in PDF format and has TWO pages. Please be sure to download and complete both pages. If you are unable to download the application, you may obtain an application by calling the District Clerk at (516) 305-8903 or visiting the office of the District Clerk during regular business hours.
After receipt of the above application, an absentee ballot will be mailed when available. The ballot will be mailed to the Herricks residence or alternate address. Requests for alternate mailing addresses, i.e. college address, must be in writing and accompanied with the absentee ballot application, preferably via a cover letter.
Voter Contact Information
For additional information about voting in school district elections, call the District Clerk’s office at (516) 305-8903.
For additional information about voting in other local or general elections, please call the Nassau County Board of Elections at (516) 571-2411.