Why is it important?
Why is Metacognition Important?The more we think about our own thinking and how we learn best, the quicker we will obtain and remember information. The goal is to be independent learners and being metacognitive helps us to achieve this goal. Students enjoy learning when they feel they are in the drivers seat and can take control of their learning.How Can We Work on Being Metacognitive?
**Look at the links below for more information and resources of how to encourage metacognitive thinking at home**
- Deciding what type of learner we are (auditory, visual, kinesthetic)
- Have a toolbox full of strategies that are useful
- Partner and group discussions
- Self-assessing with checklists and rubrics
- Monitor your thinking while reading (make connections, predictions, infer, visualize etc).